[ubuntu-uk] Unity testing

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Sun Apr 8 16:21:08 UTC 2012

< snip >

I would like to make a couple of comments relating to my experience. The
most time consuming part of the process is the downloading and
installation of the system. I suppose, overall this took well over 2
hours. Perhaps, with super fast broadband and a super computer, neither
of which I have, this time would be considerably reduced but, where I
live, broadband is a joke. Eventually I settled down to do some tests
and very soon encountered difficulties because I did not really
understand how to carry out the required test. I am not thick but when I
am asked, for example, to start gedit or nautilus using a set up with
which I am not familiar I was lost and gave up. Maybe this testing is
only for the Ubuntu literate and not for a simple user like me.

I will have another look when I have recovered my equilibrium but I
don't hold out much hope of being any use to the developers.

Norman