[ubuntu-uk] cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

James Morrissey morrissey.james1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 16:35:44 UTC 2012

On 5 April 2012 18:04, James Morrissey <morrissey.james1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> No, if kbide is a 32-bit application, then you need to install 32-bit
>> libraries for it.  Try installing "libqt4-svg:i386".
>

> Brilliant, that got it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James.

Well i have still come up with problems on this. I am assuming that
all the packages that Jim mentioned have to be for from i386, so:

libqwt5-qt4:i386
libqwt5-qt4-dev:i386
qt4-dev-tools:i386
qt4-qtconfig:i386

The problem is that these are dependent on other features which are
needed for other programmes (things like bluefish and banshee have
come up for uninstallation).

Is there not an easier way to get 32bit applications working on a 64
bit system? I thought that a lot of this had been taken care of so
that getlibs was no longer necessary.