[ubuntu-uk] Display problems with foreign characters in browsers.

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:39:36 UTC 2012

On 3 April 2012 10:28, Matthew Sturdy <matt.sturdy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 April 2012 10:43, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 3 April 2012 08:43, Matthew Sturdy <matt.sturdy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can you point us to a web page showing the problem and explain exactly
>> what you see wrong?
>>

> Sure, for example: http://sitmobile.com/index.html?request_locale=po
> (change language to Portuguese if it isn't already)
>
> here is how it appears on my
> laptop: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10355152/character-problems.png
>
> I have highlighted in red two errors, and written the correct words
> alongside... Does it make sense?

I am not sure of the significance but when I view the source of that
page, for your first problem I see

            <li id="bot-solutions"><a
href="http://www.sitmobile.com/solutions/solutions.html"
target="_self" title="Solutions"><b><span

So it is not in fact using the html entity.  Having said that it does
look fine for me (Firefox 11.10 in Ubuntu 12.04).
I don't know what to suggest I am afraid.

Colin