[ubuntu-uk] efi boot, Windows 8 and Linux

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Fri Sep 23 19:23:10 UTC 2011

Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> Now whether Windows 8 will even be a factor in this I don't know.
> Certainly AFAIK (as above) many large corporations have not yet
> upgraded to Windows 7, even though it's been out for nearly two years
> now and XP comes out of support in 30 months....

As time goes on, the chances of them upgrading *increase*. Nobody
upgraded to Vista, some to 7, more will upgrade to 8.
Perhaps some of those upgrades will be to something other than Windows,
but I suspect most places still tied to XP will also be tied to things
that speak Exchange and Active Dirctory and MSOOXML fluently.

--
Avi