[ubuntu-uk] efi boot, Windows 8 and Linux

Bea Groves beagroves at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 18:28:16 UTC 2011

Hi!

You can say that again! The biggest problem I have is to try to get
people to distinguish between 'Microsoft skills' and 'computer skills' -
and that's a huge uphill struggle. The problem is: it's a situation
exacerbated by the fact that the whole education sector is virtually a
'Windows-only' zone. Humph!

--
Beatrix E. Groves
BA Hons (Educ) LCGI MAPTT MIFL QTLS
Email:	beagroves at gmail.com
Web:  	http://www.beagroves.net
Blog:	http://beagroves.tumblr.com
<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Random Quote of the Day (chosen by my computer) ------------->

"We find that at present the human race is divided into one wise man,
nine knaves, and ninety fools out of every hundred. That is, by an
optimistic observer. The nine knaves assemble themselves under the
banner of the most knavish among them, and become 'politicians'; the
wise man stands out, because he knows himself to be hopelessly
outnumbered, and devotes himself to poetry, mathematics, or philosophy;
while the ninety fools plod off under the banners of the nine villains,
according to fancy, into the labyrinths of chicanery, malice and
warfare. It is pleasant to have command, observes Sancho Panza, even
over a flock of sheep, and that is why the politicians raise their
banners. It is, moreover, the same thing for the sheep whatever the
banner. If it is democracy, then the nine knaves will become members of
parliament; if fascism, they will become party leaders; if communism,
commissars. Nothing will be different, except the name. The fools will
be still fools, the knaves still leaders, the results still
exploitation. As for the wise man, his lot will be much the same under
any ideology. Under democracy he will be encouraged to starve to death
in a garret, under fascism he will be put in a concentration camp, under
communism he will be liquidated."

— T.H. White