[ubuntu-uk] printer problem

allen williams gerald.williams23 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 02:48:03 UTC 2011

After running update manager two days ago, and rebooting as instructed, my
printer (Epson RX620) is no longer recognized. The system claims it is not
connected (which the printer is, via an USB port, which I have changed
twice). I have also tried rebooting with the printer disconnected and then
switching it on, as well as rebooting with the printer connected and
already switched on. It is not out of ink and it carries out its
independent functions correctly. It seems to be a hell of a coincidence if
the printer has gone faulty at this reboot. Has anyone any ideas or
suggestions - gratefully received - ?

Regards

Allen

Altrincham