[ubuntu-uk] Marketing [Was Re: efi boot, Windows 8 and Linux]

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Thu Sep 22 15:33:44 UTC 2011

On 22/09/11 16:11, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
> On 22/09/11 10:50, alan c wrote:
>>
>> The FLOSS world's lack of competence, or even appetite, for publicity
>> or marketing is the elephant in the room.

i don't think we lack competence just the ability to find people who can
work together to produce a common set of materials and actually keep
these up to date,  there is some great material out there  but its out
of date and usually in a format that is hard (for me anyway to edit.

i can show kids my netbook adn tell them about alternatives but unless
there is a proper support structure out there its going to be hard to
get them to try it,  as they need help when they need it  even with
windows floss software.

paul

--
Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day