[ubuntu-uk] unity in xubuntu

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:28:12 UTC 2011

On 5 September 2011 20:30, Andres Muniz Piniella <andresmp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just a curiosity. I am using xubuntu and am seing a lot of updates with the
> words thunderbird unity. Is this The guys at cannonical making thunderbird
> compatible with normal ubuntu? This does not mean that theres is going to be
> a unity in xubuntu, right?

Thunderbird is going to be the default mail client in 11.10 and as such
there has been considerable work in putting in Unity integration. However
(and I have to be careful and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm
wrong), Unity is a core component of Ubuntu and not Xubuntu so while
Thunderbird's PPA (and shortly Ubuntu) will update its Unity components they
won't apply to Xubuntu.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood