[ubuntu-uk] Cheap USB DVB-T Dongale that works with 11.10

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 23:20:14 UTC 2011

On 29/10/11 23:23, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> Can anybody that uses a cheap USB DVB-T dongle that works well with
> Ubuntu 11.10, please tell me the make and model.
>
> Thanks!

Well not sure about cheap but the Hauppage WinTV HVR-900 now works
(natively supported from Kernel 3.0 onwards) but it requires a couple of
firmware files.

Other than that I have a Freecom DVB-T USB stick (not sure of the exact
model as I don't have it to hand) and this works on Ubuntu 11.04 and
previous versions so I'd be surprised if it didn't work on Ubuntu 11.10.
  I've seen the Freecom sticks on eBay for about 10 quid.

Rob