[ubuntu-uk] Application launcher vanished

Andres andresmp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:03:47 UTC 2011

Dear louise,
I do not think i can help but i will give it a go.
What version of ubuntu are you using?
What happens when you press ad hold the meta or super &ey (formally windows key) do you see the icons numered?
If you re running an aplication can you see it's icon on the left? Can you then leftclick on it and tell it to stay on launcher?
About the usb..
When you connect it do you have any kind of icon on it? If so find out it's name something like dev/sdc when you clic on properties or something
Do you normally use the usb as a working folder? I have been told that usbs can be damaged after a lot of use. But i have a similar netbook aspireone zg5 and still have not found a problem. Do you have another machine where you can see if the usb works? Is it fat32?

--
Andrés Muñiz Piniella
Sent from my Nokia N900