[ubuntu-uk] 0 bytes free

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 21:22:30 UTC 2011

On 22 October 2011 15:03, David King <linuxman at avoura.com> wrote:

> On 22/10/11 12:08, Neil Perry wrote:
>
> Has un-mounting and re-mounting done anything?
> Thanks,
> Neil
>

> I turned off the computer and went out, but now I am back, have turned it on
> and the external drive that had free space is now showing its free space
> correctly, it seems.

If you delete a file while an application has it open then the space
won't actually become available until that application closes it.

Sometimes what has the file open may not be obvious, for example if it
was a video it could be Nautilus reading the file to generate a
thumbnail preview, etc.

Regards,
Matthew