[ubuntu-uk] 0 bytes free

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Sat Oct 22 10:40:36 UTC 2011

I was copying some files to an external drive to backup important files,
using Grsync (rsync with GUI).

But the external drive ran out of space, leaving 0 bytes free, as shown
in Nautilus. Then I deleted some files, several gigabytes of data, and
yet Nautilus is still showing 0 bytes free. I went into GParted which is
showing 97 GB free.

I then did the same with another drive, and it also ran out of space, so
I deleted about 8 GB of files, and it still shows in Nautilus as 0 bytes
free.

If I use Grsync again to copy files to this external drive, it is
working to copy the files okay, even though Nautilus is showing no free
space.

I am using Ubuntu 10.10.

Is this a bug in Nautilus?

David King