[ubuntu-uk] Configure Network Manager from Command Line

Philip Stubbs philip at stuphi.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 15:00:26 UTC 2011

I have just rebooted a machine, and it lost the ability to resolve
domain names. This machine has 11.10 on it and I have just done an
update today. This suggested a reboot so I did. After that, it forgot
how to resolve domain names.

Poking around, I found the /etc/resolv.conf file had nothing in it
except a not saying it was managed by network-manager. Manually adding
a nameserver here fixed my problem, but I am going to guess that it
will disappear again next reboot. How do I make this permanent from
the command line over ssh?

--
Philip Stubbs