[ubuntu-uk] Dual boot user does self conversion

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Oct 17 12:32:37 UTC 2011

I just received this (now slightly edited) email from an acquaintance
who is keen to use FLOSS, and has helped with advocacy,  but who has
until now been using dual boot or  just live CD methods - since early
2008. Over three years. This is the sort of time scale I have found to
be relevant if a previously committed Windows user with DIY admin
confidence but no IT or other technical experience gets interested in
Ubuntu.

I think this would shorten if a good marketing campaign was run.

Subject:
Now running Linux Nattay exclusively
Content:
Hope you are well.
On sept 20th, my Medion computer from ALDI was unable to load Windows
or repair
it automatically. Was I glad that I had a few Live CDs knocking
around. At least
I could get on line.
I've now installled Ubuntu 11.04 on an old machine I had, back in the
days of
Windows ME, I think.
I'm really pleased I got into Ubuntu.:-)
All the best,
[signed]