[ubuntu-uk] Touchpad problem ....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Sun Oct 16 16:13:54 UTC 2011

On 16/10/11 16:29, bodsda at googlemail.com wrote:
> Regardless of what software you install, and with the exception of hardware faults, a clean live cd should always yield the same results.
> Inconsistencies of live cd boots would lead me to look for a hardware problem.
> But as you can no longer reproduce the issue, identifying the cause will be very difficult.
Oh I agree!  However, the bios is a layer between the hardware and the
OS, and this bios has a setting for disabling the touchpad, so it could
get in the way.  The inconsistency is the real mystery, but if the fault
fails to re-appear, I think I can blame it on something that the bios
was doing.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/