[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu One broken on 10.04?

James Tait james.tait at wyrddreams.org
Tue Oct 11 18:02:44 UTC 2011

On 11/10/11 17:52, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> Thanks for that information - its gone a long way to answering my questions.
> On an aside, do you know if there are any plans to introduce LAN
> synching, like Dropbox? Now that IS instantaneous between different
> machines...

It's been discussed.  There's a Blueprint for it [0], and there was a
session about it at UDS-O [1], [2], but as for if and where it is on the
roadmap, I don't know.

Cheers,

JT

[0]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+spec/desktop-o-ubuntuone-lan-sync
[1] http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-o/meeting/desktop-o-ubuntuone-lan-sync/
[2]
http://mirrors.tumbleweed.org.za/uds-o/2011-05-09-14-10-desktop-o-ubuntuone-lan-sync.ogg

James Tait, BSc                        |    xmpp:jayteeuk at wyrddreams.org
Programmer and Free Software advocate  |        Tel: +44 (0)870 490 2407