[ubuntu-uk] USB Bluetooth dongle

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Oct 6 12:35:22 UTC 2011

On 6 Oct 2011, at 13:25, Gordon Burgess-Parker <gbplinux at gmail.com> wrote:

 On 06/10/2011 13:21, Alan Pope wrote:

On 6 Oct 2011, at 13:17, Gordon Burgess-Parker <gbplinux at gmail.com> wrote:

  On 06/10/2011 13:15, Alan Pope wrote:

On 6 October 2011 13:06, Gordon Burgess-Parker <gbplinux at gmail.com>
<gbplinux at gmail.com> wrote:

 Can anyone point me to a USB Bluetooth adapter that is a) available in the
UK and b) works on 10.04 LTS?

 I have yet to find a bluetooth dongle that _doesn't_ work with Ubuntu.
There's only a couple of chipsets anyway, and they're well supported.

Al.

 OK, thanks. So if I get (say) a bog-standard bluetooth adapter from Belkin
it will just plug in and work?

 I'd be surprised if an el cheapie no name one didn't work. Should be fine.

 I bought cheap ones from deal extreme for about 2usd.

 Al

Thanks - I'm getting all excited now - does that mean that I can use a
bluetooth mouse as well? Again, would any bluetooth mouse work?

Most "wireless" mice come with their own dongle. Usually that's not
Bluetooth. They also generally just work.

Al