[ubuntu-uk] Keyboard not responding at login

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 21:53:29 UTC 2011

Can anyone figure out what is wrong here.  It's my Asus EEEPC 1015PEM
netbook running Natty.  It was OK on Monday, but today, when I get to the
login screen only the Esc key  and the track pad/mouse buttons seem to
work.  So I can select my login with the mouse from the list of logins but
not key in my password and hit Enter.

There seems nothing physically wrong with the keyboard.  It works in a root
shell in recovery mode (from the GRUB menu) and also when I boot into
Windows 7.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Tony