[ubuntu-uk] Certification [Free]

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 11:22:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 12:17 +0100, Dave Hanson wrote:
> Does anyone know of a reputable free certification I can acquire to
> say I'm a proficient Ubuntu user, ideally server administration?
>

> I'm trying to build up some qualifications and I'm not prepared to pay
> the £1000+ for the one from the Ubuntu shop.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> Dave Hanson
>

> IMPORTANT NOTICE:
>
> This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
> intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
> reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a
> criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error and email
> confirmation to the sender.
>
> Internet communications are not secure and therefore the sender does
> not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. The
> information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
> material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
> or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
> or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Nope!

Certification always costs,  What you can do though is book at a pearson
view center that is local to you and just take the exams, LPI 101 etc
and the Ubuntu module cost about 80 quid plus per exam.

The one on the shop is the full course plus exam and not just the exam.
--
You make it, I'll break it!

I love my job :)

http://www.ubuntu.com