[ubuntu-uk] Problem when powering off - suspend light flashing

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Wed Nov 16 15:22:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, November 16, 2011 10:10, Barry Drake wrote:

> Curiously, I experienced the same problem exactly, just twice, on a
> Samsung N150 Netbook with 11.10.  The only way out was to unplug the
> battery for ten seconds.  Nothing else got any response.
>
> Regards,        Barry.
>
> --
> Barry Drake is a member of the the Ubuntu Advertising team.
> http://ubuntuadverts.org/

And curiously still, I have a Samsung N130 running 11,10 which recently,
when shut down, exhibits similar behaviour. It goes to the text screen,
where it says it is stopping services etc., but then hangs....if I haven't
noticed, the battery eventually runs out. But I can force it to shut down
by holding the power button.

Maybe there is some funny bug in the shut down procedure?
--
Thanks and regards,

Jon Reynolds (j0nr)