[ubuntu-uk] update manager

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:47:56 UTC 2011

On 11 November 2011 15:40, Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 15:02 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
>> On 11 November 2011 14:57, Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
>> > <snip>

>> > Settings are all as they should be. The only connection this computer
>> > has with Ubuntu 11.10 is that I have downloaded and stored Ubuntu 11.10
>> > and made an install CD for use on another machine.
>>
>> Do you see anything odd if you do
>> sudo apt-get update
>
> Yes:-
>
> Ign cdrom://Ubuntu 11.10 _Oneiric Ocelot_ - Release i386 (20111012)
> oneiric InRelease

I know what you did, something similar happened to me.  You plugged in
the 11.10 disk while running 11.04 and allowed it to auto-run and it
has started trying to update.  Have a look in /etc/apt/sources.list
and you will find a line that needs to be commented out referring to
the CD.  Then do the apt-get update again

Colin