[ubuntu-uk] Christmas Meal

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 00:23:29 UTC 2011

On 10/11/11 22:47, Alan Bell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are in the process of planning the Ubuntu UK LoCo Christmas event,
> this time we are going posh for a smart meal at a nice restaurant in
> Clerkenwell. However, there is a little twist, at this venue there are
> no lights. In fact no light at all. You will be dining in total pitch
> darkness, at Dans Le Noir and you can read all about this excellent
> concept here: http://www.danslenoir.com/london/

That sounds really interesting, if I went to something like that I'd
probably have to wear one of those plastic duck bill bibs :-)

> Right now we don't have a confirmed date for the meal, and it is booking
> up fast. I want to get a date where we can get as many people as
> possible attending, preferably on a Friday or Saturday sitting. What I
> need you to do is put your name down *right now* on the event page here:
>
> http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-uk/1409/detail/
>
> If you are cool with most dates in December, then mark yourself as
> "attending". If you can just do Fridays and Saturdays then mark yourself
> as "maybe attending". I will collate these numbers very early next week
> (like Monday or Tuesday) and figure out the best date we can all fit in.
> There may be some flexibility after this to add and remove people, but
> we will at that point have a firm date.

Sadly I won't be able to make it, I just can't afford the cost in fuel
(or train tickets) to get down to London which is a real shame as it
would be great to meet some of you guys and girls.  Maybe if there are
any Ubuntu or Linux related events near year I might be able to make it.

> Happy Christmas!

:-)

Rob