[ubuntu-uk] Loss of 10.04 headers.

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 09:51:02 UTC 2011

On 31.10.11 15:58, Michael Daniels wrote:
>> I searched Google for "ubuntu 10.04 reset gnome panels" (without the
>> quotes). Near the top of the results, I found a link to an Ubuntu Forums
>> post[0] that includes a couple of ways to do this, in the terminal. You
>> might want to copy all the contents of the .gconf directory beforehand
>> in case it goes wrong or you lose some customisations. Open the terminal
>> and type (without the quotes):
>> "cp -a .gconf backup.gconf"
>> to do this.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Neil.
>>
>> [0] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1520623
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Thanks, Neil, all  correctly displayed if I create a new user, but still
> have to use Alt F1 on my admin login. Looks like I shall have to look
> further unless anyone can suggest a quick fix ?

OK, so if the new user was fine, reset the panels for your admin login.

Look at that forum post I linked too, and it shows 2 ways of doing this.
One thing I didn't mention is that you need to be logged in as your
admin user, not the new user.

After doing the reset, you might have to log out and then back in as the
admin user, and everything should be reset to the standard layout.

Let us know if you have any problems.

Neil.