[ubuntu-uk] unity & gimp

SuperEngineer boosys at gmail.com
Mon May 30 20:06:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-30 at 20:50 +0100, George Tripp wrote:
> Just when I thought I'd got used to unity & I can probably live with it I tried
> using the gimp.
>
> Previously with this I have the main window maximised & set up toolbox & layers
> as normal windows hidden behind the main one.
>
> In gnome2 it's easy to get at these other two windows from the bottom panel.
> However in unity this option obviously isn't there.
>
> Clicking on the gimp icon on the launcher does get the option to choose which of
> the 3 open windows you want so all is not lost but it does seem a lot of clicks
> and messing!
>
> Anyone else find this annoying? Any solutions?
>
> Perhaps I'll get used to this as well!
>
> George

I found the same thing and then found the solution...
I reinstalled 10.04 & haven't stopped thanking myself since.

Sorry to be negative, especially where a lot of people obviously did a
lot a lot of work to get 11.04 ready [perhaps I'm just a stick in the
mud but when it comes to usability - oh dear!  Looking forward to next
release to see where the usability bugs canbe / have been sorted.

Regards,
Bill B. [SuperEngineer]

Registered Linux User 523667
Registered Ubuntu User 32366