[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu User experience survey

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Wed May 25 11:23:41 UTC 2011

On 25/05/11 12:14, Paul Tansom wrote:
> ** Avi Greenbury<lists at avi.co>  [2011-05-25 09:05]:
>> It's a bit weird that I can pick several different versions of
>> Ubuntu (Unity, Gnome, KDE, XFCE etc.) but only one install medium...
> ** end quote [Avi Greenbury]
>
> Yes, I ran up against the problem of which type of install to choose. I can pick from:
>
> o as the only OS, from a live CD or USB
> o alongside another OS, from a live CD or USB
> o as the only OS, from a text installer
>
> as I use all 3, likely about equally. You also don't have 'preinstalled' on
> there, which may not be commong, but my VPS was preinstalled with Ubuntu LTS :)
> When I get round to reinstalling it I think it will likely be installed from an
> image, but that may be taking things too far!!

I asked maco for the preinstalled option, maybe that question should be
checkboxes rather than radio buttons. In all surveys there are edge
cases where some questions are hard to answer for some people, and
fixing that would make the survey over complicated so that other people
find it hard, or the results are not compilable into useful statistics.