[ubuntu-uk] Falling off Active directory

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Wed May 25 08:10:47 UTC 2011

On May 24, 2011 3:48 PM, "Toby Satchell" <tsatchell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The server all sync to an NTP time server which syncs the DCs as well.
>
> The problem was the restarting winbindd doesn't actually work in fixing
the issue.

> Thanks,
>
> Toby.
>

> On 23 May 2011 10:06, Bob Clough <parag0n at ivixor.net> wrote:
>>
>> As a quick hack, you could make a cronjob check wbinfo, if you get a
message that it has fallen off the domain, kill and restart winbindd.

>> On 20 May 2011 10:14, Toby Satchell <tsatchell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Grant,
>>>
>>> I can't see anything logs which would relate to the issue.
>>>
>>> You can test using wbinfo -u or wbinfo -g to show the users or groups,
which means it is all working fine however that just returns "Error looking
up domain users/groups"

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Toby.

>>> --

>> --
>> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com

Any reason you're not just getting your time directly from the DCs? Also,
you never mentioned whether or not these servers were virtualised?

Chris