[ubuntu-uk] Linux Awareness

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Mon May 23 19:54:57 UTC 2011

On 23/05/11 20:05, Dino T. wrote:

>     Re: Grant Sewell
>
>     On Mon, 23 May 2011 14:07:08 +0100
>     Dino T. wrote:
>
>     > Hi
>     >
>     > A friend and I are brainstorming on a 2 hour presentation to give to
>     > Universities and Colleges across Liverpool. To increase awareness and
>     > show students that they can save money using free/open source
>     > software. This is scheduled for around September 2011.
>     >
>     > What do you suggest we cover? Has to be very basic too for beginners
>     > and if they want to learn more, we'll be providing sheets out to
>     > links etc.
>     >
>     > Dino T.
>
>     One thing that you could lean on is the open nature of Free Software
>     and how it ties in with the very nature of how Universities (should)
>     share information with others.  You could talk about how open
>     discussion and peer review has pushed the boundaries of scientific
>     knowledge over the past century or so, and the parallels with the open
>     and collaborative nature of Free Software.
>
>     Grant.
>

> Good idea Grant. I've made a note.

Are you planning to share the end result with the community perhaps
under a cc license so we can use and modify for use elsewhere,

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Open Mic nights - Wednesday 8pm to 11pm (14+) Free entry
Breakin' Ground - Street dance for young people (8+) Wednesday 6pm
(starts May 11th)

The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info at devonmusiccollective.com for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day