[ubuntu-uk] 11.04 and Firefox 4

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon May 23 11:08:37 UTC 2011

On 23 May 2011 11:40, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
> Trying out Ubuntu 11.04 still an dI noticed something in Firefox which
> puzzles me.
>
> My usual action with my bookmarks list is to right click in the list to open
> the chosen bookmark item in a new tab.
>
> But I do not seem to be able to do this in Firefox 4. Am I missing something
> here? Is there a function which replaces bookmarks going chosen going into
> tabs?
>
> My immediate workaround of the apparently lost feature is to first open an
> empty tab then choose the bookmark, but this is an -extra- click. What
> gives?

On FF 4.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.10 using Ubuntu Classic desktop, when I right
click on a bookmark in the Bookmarks drop down menu (I assume that is
what you are referring to) I get a context menu with Open, Open in new
tab etc.  When I do the same in Unity or Unity-2D it just goes to the
link immediately.  This would appear to be a bug in Unity.  I cannot
find it in Launchpad however.

Colin