[ubuntu-uk] Race Online 2012 - lets give EVERYONE buying a second user PC a chance to try Linux.

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sun May 22 13:50:43 UTC 2011

On 22/05/11 11:28, Martin Houston wrote:
[...]
> Microsoft is clearly going to want to put a lid on free thinking like
> this so we need to start a public clamour for it so they can't stop
> their 'Authorized Refurbishers' form giving into public demand.

I believe in the public mind the 'L' word is firmly fixed as for geeks
only, and this is heavily reinforced by proprietary vested interests.
If you consider something without the Linux word such as 'Ubuntu',
then the public interest starts with a rolling success story. Much
more difficult for the poisonous opposition comment 'Linux is only
for geeks'

--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user