[ubuntu-uk] IPv6, RA and Wifi

Jon Farmer jon at bctech.co.uk
Fri May 20 20:16:33 UTC 2011

Hi

I am having difficulty getting Ubuntu to pick up IPv6 addresses via RA
over WiFi. All over devices connecting to the WiFi get a IPv6 as does
Ubuntu machines when connected to the same LAN via Cat5.

 Syslog reports

"wlan0: no IPv6 routers present"

when the WiFi connects.

This is happening on my dual stacked home network with a Cisco 1800
series router with xDSL WIC. It also happens on the dual stacked
network at work. My Android phone picks up a IPv6 from WiFi on both
these networks as does Windows machines.

I have observed this behaviour on both 10.10 and 11.04.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

Regards

Jon

--