[ubuntu-uk] Microsoft proprietary file types?

Paul Morgan-Roach roachy at roachy.net
Fri May 20 06:00:18 UTC 2011

On May 20, 2011 6:19 AM, "Sean Miller" <sean at seanmiller.net> wrote:
> I'd be very wary of using somebody for IT services who didn't appear to
know that Openoffice would open those three file formats...

OpenOffice/libreoffice will open them happily.....whether the content of
them is displayed as intended by the original author is another matter (this
is also the case between different versions of MS office...)

My advice - open the document if you can.  If it's something that depends on
layout heavily, ask for it as a jpg or pdf.