[ubuntu-uk] Race Online 2012 PCs shocker!

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Thu May 19 08:07:36 UTC 2011

On 19/05/11 08:42, Paul Sutton wrote:

> so i sign up then join the ubuntu team, ?
>
> paul

don't think it works like that quite.
I filled out the partner form, which should mean that Ubuntu-UK turns up
on this page http://raceonline2012.org/partners?page=1&title=U in a few
days.
as a team we can use some of their logos and comms apparently (I haven't
looked at it yet)
http://raceonline2012.org/go-on
http://raceonline2012.org/comms

You can sign up as a "digital champion" which is the thing you can sign
up to as an individual, http://www.helppassiton.co.uk/ I don't think you
can associate yourself with a team, but I could be wrong.
They have some information for digital champions here
http://helppassiton.co.uk/index/digital-champion-welcome-pack it would
be great if people could review that and discuss concerns if you see it
advising lock in to proprietary software etc. (I spy a .doc file) or if
you think we could contribute more resources into that area.

Alan.