[ubuntu-uk] Empathy and 11.04

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Tue May 17 22:46:42 UTC 2011

Offtopic but...

On 17 May 2011 17:29, "Liam Proven" <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Did you know that you can middle-click on the title bar to send a
> window to the back of the stack? It's very handy. That is the one
> Linux feature I most miss when using Windows - I curse its absence
> several times an hour.

There is a utility for Windows called taekwindow[0] which adds this
behaviour as well as alt+drag to move and alt+middle/right drag to
resize. It's one of the first things I install on Windows and I have
it on my memory stick too :)

> The other use for middle-clicking is clipboardless copy & paste -
> select text in one place, middle-click elsewhere and whatever is
> selected is inserted where you click. Huge timesaver and again
> something I really miss on both Windows and Mac OS X

This is something I really miss on other operating systems too.

[0] http://taekwindow.net/

--
Matt Wheeler
m at funkyhat.org