[ubuntu-uk] Empathy and 11.04

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Mon May 16 17:11:00 UTC 2011

On 16/05/11 17:47, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 16 May 2011 16:56, gazz<pmgazz at gmx.co.uk>  wrote:
>> Touchpad scrolling is a blunt instrument - for which reason I rarely use it.
>
> Depends on the hardware. On my laptop it's fantastic. Very fine
> control indeed can be had with two finger scrolling. Much finer than a
> mouse wheel which (in general) goes in jumps of a few lines at a time.
>
>> Choice is a wonderful thing but I don't see any way of exercising it re. the
>> vertical scrollbar in 11.04. I've ditched Unity interface, can't cope with
>> it - for something that's supposed to be easy to use, I actually found I
>> reverted almost entirely to keyboard shortcuts as the Unity GUI is hopeless
>> for navigating a desktop with multiple windows. Also had to switch off the
>> infuriating habit of full-screening windows if you drag them to the side. If
>> I drag a window to the side, it's cos I want to see what's underneath!
>>

> Why move a window to see what's underneath? Why not just switch to the
> window you actually want to see?
>
> Al.

Sometimes if you're referring to something it might be easier to have
the window slightly underneath to the side maybe.  I do this on Windows
at work, even with dual monitors (old habits die hard).  Is it possible
to tile windows in Unity?  (I've not upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04, instead I
moved over to Mint 10 about 5 months ago).

Rob