[ubuntu-uk] Empathy and 11.04

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Mon May 16 16:32:15 UTC 2011

On 16 May 2011 16:49, Jon Farmer <jon at bctech.co.uk> wrote:

> On 16 May 2011 16:45, Matthew Daubney <matt at daubers.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I'd argue the point on the loss of fine control, you can still drag those
> > little arrows up and down to get to where you want in a document, rather
> > than just clicking on them to go up/down. The only thing that's a bit
> more
> > difficult is clicking to go direct to a point (feels like the gutter has
> > smaller margin, but that may be wrong).
> >

> I'd argue that is a lot harder to do with a touchpad than a mouse.
>
> I think this is one of those things. 90% of my time I work with a touchpad
and haven't noticed a difference. However, I am not you :) I have noticed my
parents really struggle with a touchpad (to the point of using a mouse on
the arm of the sofa) so I'm happy to concede the point that to a given
subset of users, it may not be optimal. However, I have no idea what the
size of that subset is, or what the size of the userbase is. So can't really
say it's "a good thing for the majority" or "It's a bad things for the
majority".

-Matt Daubney