[ubuntu-uk] Empathy and 11.04

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon May 16 14:33:40 UTC 2011

On 16 May 2011 15:26, Jon Farmer <jon at bctech.co.uk> wrote:
> So since I have upgraded to 11.04 on my netbook I have found that
> Empathy has lost it's scrollbar in the contacts list and is replaced
> with a fiddly up and down control. The control only appears when you
> hover over the right edge of the contacts window.

This is by design.

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/615 - "Ayatana overlay
scrollbars: something truly Natty"

> This is very tricky
> when using a touchpad.

It's supposed to be easier, if you don't try to click them but use the
scroll region on your touchpad, or if supported enable two finger
scrolling.

> This has to be a massive design flaw. Anyway to
> get my scrollbars back?

sudo apt-get remove overlay-scrollbar liboverlay-scrollbar-0.1-0

Al.