[ubuntu-uk] wifi dongle driver .....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri May 13 18:46:18 UTC 2011

Hi there ...  I got a wifi dongle from e-bay today.  Very cheap.  It
turns out to be a Realtek RTL8188cu.  There was a disk with it which
includes a Linux driver that need building.  It builds and runs just
fine on 10.04 and 10.10, but under Natty, I get the error: implicit
declaration of function 'init_MUTEX'.  I haven't a clue where this used
to be defined, and why it's disappeared.  Anyone know if there is a
workaround?  Yes - before someone tells me - I have got it running with
the Windows driver under ndiswrapper, but I'd rather have the native
Linux driver.

Suggestions anyone?

Regards,		Barry.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/