[ubuntu-uk] (no subject)

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Wed May 11 11:49:56 UTC 2011

On 6 May 2011 23:25, Chris Wilson <afrowildo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> Sorry your first experience of Ubuntu isn't as great as you would like it
> to be. We'll do everything we can to help you out.
>
> First of all, when a company says they don't support Linux, it only means
> that they haven't been formally trained in how to guide a user through the
> process of setting up their email account. In reality, all email services,
> including BT internet, are supported by Linux.
>
> In order for us to figure out what's wrong, we would appreciate it if you
> would tell us, in as much detail as possible, the steps you went through to
> set up your BT email account.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> On 6 May 2011 22:02, J FRANCIS <j.francis338 at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> I have recently downloaded Ubuntu on to a computer.  I am unable to
>> connect to my e-mail server who is btinternet.com.  Is there anyone on
>> the forum,  using Ubuntu and using  btinternet.com. as their e-mail
>> server
>>
>> BT say that they do not support Linux.  Is this so?
>>
>> Would appreciate any help or assistance.
>>
>> Many thanks and Regards
>>
>> John
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com

this may help to setup evolution mail client and btinternet

Enter you name and email address as requested.

*Receiving email* :

Server type = POP

Server = mail.btinternet.com

Username = the bit of your email before @btinternet.com

*Sending email* : server type = SMTP

Server : smtp.btinternet.com

MAKE SURE SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION IS TICKED

Security = no encryption

Authentication = plain

Username = the bit of your email before @btinternet.com

azmodie