[ubuntu-uk] Has anyone got 5.1 audio working from the rear jacks of a Nvidia ION board in 10.10?

Bill Cumming bill at s0l.co.uk
Tue May 10 13:41:57 UTC 2011

I've been trying to get my 5.1 headset to work in Ubuntu.
I get stereo on the headset fine but can't get it to put out 5.1 sound.

I've a Nvidia ION board (Zotec IONITX-F-E)
In XP the audio jacks work fine giving me 5.1 sound when i use my 5.1
headset.
But in Ubuntu 10.10 i only get left & right outputs.

I've started a thread in Ubuntu Forums
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10796147#post10796147

Lot's of people having problems with 5. audio via HDMI cable but none with
rear sound jacks.

Anyone got any ideas to try??

--
Regards