[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu + computing in schools

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri May 6 20:11:03 UTC 2011

On 06/05/11 20:46, Bruno Girin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I came across this via /. today and thought it would be a great thing
> for Ubuntu UK members to get involved in:
>
> http://raspberrypi.org/
>
> Quick summary: it's a UK charity who are trying to put fun back into
> learning computing by coming up with a £15 computer the size of a USB
> stick that you plug into a TV. And it runs Ubuntu!
>
> They're based in Cambridge apparently.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruno

Yep there's a video on the BBC News site on Rory's Blog.  Looks
interesting, I gather it's been developed by one of the original Elite
developers, or at least he's had a hand in it.  I think it's a great
idea, if they pull it off I'll certainly get one, maybe 2 or 3 if they
manage the £15 price point.

Rob