[ubuntu-uk] 11,04 Broke My Wireless (surprised?)

John Stevenson john at jr0cket.com
Wed May 4 09:30:46 UTC 2011

On 4 May 2011 09:54, Jon Reynolds <maillist at jcrdevelopments.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 May 2011 09:38:29 +0100, Yorvyk wrote:
>
>  On some notebooks/laptops there is a function key that enables WiFi.
>> I've found with upgrades that this sets it's self to disable the WiFi,
>> but doesn't with a clean install.
>>
>> --
>> Steve Cook (Yorvyk)
>>
>> http://lubuntu.net
>>

> There is a Fn + option for toggling wifi on/off (which never seems to work
> anyway) but the wifi light is on, as it always has been, but whether that
> means anything... I don't know.
> --
> Jon Reynolds (j0nr)
> http://www.jcrdevelopments.com

The "wifi" light often doubles as a bluetooth light on laptops / netbooks.
Have you checked that the WiFi is enabled in the bios of the machine,
perhaps disabling bluetooth as well to see if the light still comes on.

Thank you
--
John Stevenson <http://uk.linkedin.com/in/johnstevenson247> |
@JR0cket<http://http//twitter.com/#%21/JR0cket>