[ubuntu-uk] Checking if a System restart is required

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Wed May 4 02:10:59 UTC 2011

As I've mentioned before on the ayatana list I think this would do more harm
than good. As others have already said, just about everything bar Mozilla
stuff will continue to work fine if it's left running, and warning people
that a particular upgrade will require a reboot is likely to put some of
them off, leaving security holes open for longer.

Perhaps the "system reboot required" messages just need to be made more
informative :)

(sorry if this reply's a bit broken, I'm writing it on my phone)

--
Matt Wheeler
m at funkyhat.org