[ubuntu-uk] Borked my Mac installing Ubuntu 11.04, now blackscreens & beeps on restart then takes exactly 4 attempts to boot

doug livesey biot023 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 11:50:42 UTC 2011

Hi -- a few other people have seen this, so I thought I'd post the links
here, for anyone interested.
* https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/774089
*
http://pubmem.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/flash-efi-firmware-update-manually-on-a-macbook-51/

The second article looks like the answer. Unfortunately, there are firmware
updates available for all *but* my model (MBP 5,4), so it looks like I'm
going to have to talk to someone at Apple to find out what firmware package
I can use.