[ubuntu-uk] OT Kindle

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Thu Mar 24 07:10:54 UTC 2011

I've heard significantly more "romantic" descriptions of books in print than
"dead tree version" ;-)

I shall never, myself, be a great advocate of things like the Kindle... I
spend all day looking at a screen programming, or in my part time job at
Morrisons supporting self-scans and working on tills, so when I want to "get
away and relax" the last thing I want is an electronic screen.

Decent Newspaper and (paper) novel will do me.

Returning to the subject, what is the advantage of a Kindle over something
like an iPad which - to me at least - appears to be much better able to view
PDF files and is fairly decent at books too?

Sean