[ubuntu-uk] java issues with Ooo Base

Sarah Chard sarah at streetentertainers.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 12:13:20 UTC 2011

> Al
> thanks for the suggestion
> I already looked at this -  my problem is I cannot revert to the .22
> version without removing the .24 version and then getting the broken
> package problem (i have tried twice)

it looks as if this java issue with Ubuntu 10.04  & 10.10 is a Bug
#724217 which causes base to operate very slowly in both libre and
openoffice

I would like to revert to the .22 java version and lock it until a
solution is found so that I can work at normal speed - I can't do it
through synaptic without getting a broken package
any suggestions?

Sarah