[ubuntu-uk] Right Mouse Click

bodsda at googlemail.com bodsda at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 5 10:53:12 UTC 2011

Hi John,

Let me explain how the redirect works. When you use > somefile.log after a command, that means send any output from the command to somefile.log Because we didn't specify an exact location for the file, it gets created in the current working directory. If we had run this

xev > /tmp/somefile.log

Then it would be in the /tmp directory.

Hope that makes sense,
Bodsda