[ubuntu-uk] Strange file sharing problem

John MM scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 10:13:37 UTC 2011

Ok, well, I found this, if I run

me at me-laptop:~$ smbclient -L //192.168.x.x
Enter me's password:
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.5.4]

     Sharename       Type      Comment
     ---------       ----      -------
     print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
     IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (me-Netbook server (Samba,
Ubuntu))
     public          Disk
     pictures        Disk
     documents       Disk
     downloads       Disk
     videos          Disk
     music           Disk
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.5.4]

     Server               Comment
     me-NETBOOK        me-Netbook server (Samba, Ubuntu)

     Workgroup            Master
     WORKGROUP

That is my netbook.......It seems I have done something that allows me
to see my netbook, but how can I view the folders, I dont see anywhere
to view them. Where do I view the shares from this computer.....