[ubuntu-uk] Verify DMI ?

Neil Perry nperry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 17:16:36 UTC 2011

Found this.

"Verifying DMI Pool data, basically means that when your computer goes
through POST (power on self test) - it is checking to see what devices/irq's
are assigned to each bit of hardware in your machine.

If you can get into your BIOS (usually DEL at POST); you can go to your
configuration and 'reset' Configuration Data (Force Update ESCD).

If this doesnt help, try resetting the BIOS entirely.

Verifying DMI Pool data happens just before your CDROM drive gets spun up to
check for boot media; perhaps try unplugging your CDROM drive and seeing if
you get past this message."

Neil Perry