[ubuntu-uk] Strange file sharing problem

John MM scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:23:57 UTC 2011

On 03/03/11 13:19, Simon Greenwood wrote:
> running 'smbtree -D <domain>

How do I find out what domain is, is it my IP address or what?

As far as this machine, it seems if I go to /var/lib/samba/usershares
all the files in there are locked. They have a lock on them. Before
updating to 10.04, I could go into Places, Network, and in there would
be a Windows Icon and a Ubuntu Icon, both of which if I clicked on them,
would mount the respective directories. Now it seems its locked me out.
Plus if I go the same as the op to a directory I want to share, as root,
it shows I can share, as me I am locked out.

I is a dual booting machine, running 10.10 Ubuntu.