[ubuntu-uk] meeting minutes and facebook page

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 29 21:23:21 UTC 2011

Hi all,
minutes from the meeting last night are in the traditional place at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/LastMeeting

Main topics for discussion were
  * CD Distribution
we have CDs, we need to get them out there, if you have contacts at
Universities then it would be great to get a load out to students,
particularly if we can organise installfests.

  * LoCo reapproval application

we need to go through this process during the Oneiric cycle
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/TeamApprovalGuidelines
our application form is at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/ReApprovalApplication2011
and we have a scratchpad for notes on things we have done as we draft
the reapproval application form
///http://pad.ubuntu-uk.org/reapproval
/Please add notes, descriptions, and links to articles/pictures of
things we have done to promote Ubuntu in the UK over the last few years.

  * Books and Butties
the trip to the british library is coming on, we have a LoCo directory
entry here to sign up to
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/1032/detail/
and we have a corresponding facebook event created
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=156528094418552

creating the facebook event lead to a discussion about facebook pages
and whether we should  have one, general consensus was "maybe" so I
created one to see how it goes.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ubuntu-UK/237328659623076

If we get a few more people who "like" that page then we can get a
vanity url for it, which is quite the thing to have apparently. It will
pick up new articles from the ubuntu-uk.org website, which in turn means
we should really be putting more stuff up there.

Alan.

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at http://libertus.co.uk